Raising Chlorine for Party Weekend How Much?

How many people do you expect to have and how long will they be in the pool? Every person-hour in a 28,000 gallons uses around 0.038 ppm FC so even to use 1 ppm FC extra chlorine would take 26 person-hours. So unless you are having a bunch of urinating kids, just bumping up the FC a little should be plenty. Your pool is large enough to handle a moderate bather-load easily.

There will be 10 adults and an 1 yr old (so I imagine a little wiz will enter the pool) probably a total of 80 hours entire weekend.

I run my SWG at 70% for 9 hr each day, should I just kick it up to say 80% and increase the run time to say 12 hours and would that cover me?

I would just keep the SWG the same and "borrow" a couple of cups of laundry bleach to raise the chlorine level. Use Pool Math (or Pool Pal on Android) to get the right amount.

Each adult is going to spend 8 hours in the pool? Now that is a party!

Assuming you are correct that is a total of 3 FC demand. The far easier solution than messing with your SWG is to add a gallon of chlorine a couple hours before the party.

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

Well in that case it really does sound like my kind of party :cheers:

Since it is a 3 day deal I would suggest a half gallon Friday morning and another half gallon Sunday morning. Your SWG should take care of the rest. If you test daily then you will notice if that isn't enough and can add more to help your SWG along (and politely ask the baby to stop peeing in the pool).

Well in that case it really does sound like my kind of party :cheers:

Since it is a 3 day deal I would suggest a half gallon Friday morning and another half gallon Sunday morning. Your SWG should take care of the rest. If you test daily then you will notice if that isn't enough and can add more to help your SWG along (and politely ask the baby to stop peeing in the pool).
Yes will be testing daily, in-fact this Saturday I'll be doing the full battery of tests anyway so I'll know what's going on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.