Aqua-rite t-15 system with variable speed pump

I just installed an Hayward Aqua-rite SWG system with a t-15 cell. I have a variable speed pump that runs in summer 2 hours on high to operate the cleaner, and 7 hours on low just circulating. The SWG works in both speeds, but at low flow I see small bubbles coming up at the pool inlet jets. Am I losing chlorine due to low flow? Does the flow rate affect the operation of the cell? It is sensing flow in both cases and the cell is running.

The SWG has a flow switch and will only generate if the flow switch closes. It will light the no flow light if there is not enough flow.

The bubbles are probably just hydrogen gas, which don't dissolve like the chlorine gas does. I would think that the bubbles were only hydrogen gas unless the return pipes were very short (not sure how fast chlorine gas dissolves, but I would suspect that within 20 feet, the chlorine would be dissolved).

I have the same setup. The bubbles are a lot easier to see on low. The Aqua Rite is also either fully on or fully off. By adjusting the percentage of output you are only setting what percentage of time it generates chlorine at full output over a preset period. So, often even with the system on and operating perfectly normally, there will be no bubbles.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.