Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua-rite t-15 system with variable speed pump

1. Back To Top    #1

ORO VALLEY, Arizona

Aqua-rite t-15 system with variable speed pump

I just installed an Hayward Aqua-rite SWG system with a t-15 cell. I have a variable speed pump that runs in summer 2 hours on high to operate the cleaner, and 7 hours on low just circulating. The SWG works in both speeds, but at low flow I see small bubbles coming up at the pool inlet jets. Am I losing chlorine due to low flow? Does the flow rate affect the operation of the cell? It is sensing flow in both cases and the cell is running.
    Plaster in ground pool, 13,000 gallons, 20 years old, new SWG

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Aqua-rite t-15 system with variable speed pump

I get bubbles on high and low. Lots of small bubbles on high and larger ones on low. Can be normal if the pipe run is short.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

The SWG has a flow switch and will only generate if the flow switch closes. It will light the no flow light if there is not enough flow.

The bubbles are probably just hydrogen gas, which don't dissolve like the chlorine gas does. I would think that the bubbles were only hydrogen gas unless the return pipes were very short (not sure how fast chlorine gas dissolves, but I would suspect that within 20 feet, the chlorine would be dissolved).

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

The AquaRite needs 13-17gpm to generate chlorine. On low speed the bubbles are more visible but harm nothing.
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing

5. Back To Top    #5
    Weston, FL

I have the same setup. The bubbles are a lot easier to see on low. The Aqua Rite is also either fully on or fully off. By adjusting the percentage of output you are only setting what percentage of time it generates chlorine at full output over a preset period. So, often even with the system on and operating perfectly normally, there will be no bubbles.
    11K gal IG screened-in plaster pool w/ spa
    pentair 150 cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflow VS pump,
    Aquarite AQR15 SWG, AquaCal Heatwave Heat Pump, TF-100 test kit