Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Backfilling an above ground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Backfilling an above ground pool

I asked for the opinion of the pool installer on what was the best for backfilling the void left when digging the extra 2' on the perimeter of the pool and they said to "just use the dirt". I don't know if I agree or like doing so considering it has a decent amount of gravel and clay. I also asked if I should use a foam barrier and their response was that it would just hold the moisture against the side and cause it to rust sooner. Any other opinions or preferences would be much appreciated! It is approximately 28-30" deep at the deepest part of the dig to pretty level ground. Thanks ahead of time, for your time!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Backfilling an above ground pool

We're assuming this is a partially buried steel wall above ground pool? If so, is it warrantied for burial if you care? Welcome.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Backfilling an above ground pool

I didn't even check to see if it was warrantied for partial burial. I am a 100% newbie for the entire pool thing! Definitely overwhelmed