Newbee

longt2

Mar 27, 2009
I just bought a home with a 27 foot above ground pool. I am wanting to do the bbb method but am clueless where to start, I have removed the cover and the water is extremely green, my question I guess is do I run the pump at first without adding anything to see if the water clears up enough to test or is there a standard amount of bleach to use to start with? Any help pointing me in the right direction would be great...

As always, the first thing to do is test the water (or have it tested) and post up the results. Someone will be along to tell you what to do. Since it's green I suggest you go buy a lot of bleach (Walmart Ultra) and have it ready to go! :wink:

Welcome to TFP!!

Go ahead and fire up the pump, you'll want the water circulating when you add chems. As Sammm said, you've gotta get the water tested so that you'll know how much of each chem to add and what a safe level of chlorine will be, please post the results for us.

Please read Pool School! - there are articles on all sorts of basics for pool ownership (see link in my sig)

If your pool is round it holds ~ 17,000 gallons. You could safely add 2 gallons of bleach (unscented) as a start (get the water sample before adding any bleach!) and run the pump 24/ 7 - keep an eye on the filter pressure and backwash or clean it as needed. I'm getting ahead of myself - read Pool School and get the water tested and we'll help you from there :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.