Heat lok? What are to Ur thoughts on this product

Do you have a link to it? I can't seem to find it. Is it a chemical added to the pool? If so then like Flexible Solutions HeatSavr and EcoSavr (solar fish) or Natural Chemistry Cover Free, and similar products, they work OK when there is no wind but don't work as well in windy conditions. They aren't as good as a bubble-type cover, but they are better than nothing, especially if there is little wind.

As for retaining heat, they only prevent the heat lost from evaporation and not from conduction or radiation. Nevertheless, it's better than nothing and roughly half the heat loss is from evaporation (obviously varies based on the amount of evaporation and that depends on water temperature and air humidity).

Without a link to more details about the product, then we are only guessing, but as I wrote there are products that sound similar and we've written a lot about them in various threads on this forum. As I wrote, they do reduce evaporation and therefore reduce the heat loss that comes from evaporation, but the products only work when there is little wind. See Flexible Solutions Liquid Pool Covers Ecosavr fish and Natural Chemistry Coverfree. If you put in the search term "Liquid Solar Cover" in the Google search on this site (upper right corner) you will get a long list of threads, but again I've summarized the net result already.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.