Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Watercolor changed on my new pool help!

1. Back To Top    #1

Watercolor changed on my new pool help!

Just had a new pool installed this month. Not fully completed yet just waiting on the ground to settle for concrete install. Purchased the sandstone tan liner, went to see it in person and loved it because it has a nice Caribbean turquoise blue water. Fill the pool and it turned turquoise but was dirty. Pool company came by to start a filter and added chemicals for the first time. It changed the water color to blue. Looks nice but not the color it supposed to be. If you look into the bottom of the pool when we first filled it without chemicals (with city water from the fire department) you can see the main drains and they appeared crisp white. Once chemicals were added water is blue and main drains appear blue in color. Very weird any advice is greatly appreciated.

Chemicals that were put in were calcium, And heavy-duty shock of some sort. They said we could not use the pool for 48 hours and that they only use this chemical when opening the pool for the first time. Sorry I forgot the name. And then they turned on the frog system. Here are some of the before-and-after pictures. The pool is a little dirty in the before pictures from doing backfilling and leaves falling it. Thank you! [IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    28,000 Gallon Inground Vinyl Liner Pool (Sandstone)
    Hayward Sand Filter 2HP Pump with Frog Mineral System
    August 2015 install, testing w/ Aqua Chek 7, Pool filled with City Water Fire Department
    Dolphin Supreme M500, Haward Prologic LED lights, Sun Deck and Swim Out
    Danyale :)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pacific NW

Re: Watercolor changed on my new pool help!

It's normal for city water to appear green at first then turn blue..sometimes over night.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Jandy Lite2 LJ250N gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

Houston tx

I'm a bit confused. No surprise here, huh! Lol! You do want the water to be turquoise green and not blue correct? Maybe it will just take a few days for it to be the right color.
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Congrats on the new pool!

Give the water several days to a week to settle down and see how the color looks.

We are not big fans of mineral systems at TFP. More here, Alternative sanitizers and pools--The Truth!!

More on test kits here, Pool School - Test Kits Compared

And managing your pool water here, Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5
    Tucson, AZ

Lots of things off here, most were covered already.

No need to ever add calcium to a vinyl pool.
    And certainly not a good idea to be adding metal to your pool. That can certainly stain your pool and turn your hair green.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

What's up with this thread? There was a picture of a green pool here earlier. Danyale717, can you clarify what you are asking?
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School