Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Robot for floor only? (slippery fiberglass)

1. Back To Top    #1

Robot for floor only? (slippery fiberglass)

I need to get something for my pool that was just refinished with fiberglass. The surface is very very smooth which is nice because of chemical usage, and algae brushes off effortlessly. But, I'm worried that a cleaner won't be able to crawl up the walls, and also there's never anything on the walls anyways so it seems pointless. The pool is covered when it's not being uses but some stuff still gets in there.

I was looking at this guy: Amazon.com : Dolphin Primal X3 Robotic Cleaner Similar to DX3 M3 Nautilus : Patio, Lawn Garden
    Approx 15,000 gallon gunite pool, fiberglass finish. Hayward SP2302VSP, compools solar controller, 6 4x10 "Sealed Air" brand solar panels, Clean and Clear 520 cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Robot for floor only? (slippery fiberglass)

I didn't follow your link but I followed your logic. Having a robot that climbs the walls of a FBG or Vinyl pool is not very helpful. The Walls usually don't get very dirty and are easily brushed (gunite is a different story)

That said, robots use VERY little friction to climb the walls....suction holds them on.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Bummmp
    Approx 15,000 gallon gunite pool, fiberglass finish. Hayward SP2302VSP, compools solar controller, 6 4x10 "Sealed Air" brand solar panels, Clean and Clear 520 cartridge filter

4. Back To Top    #4

I would agree if I didn't get dirt under my return in the deep end in the crevice where the two walls meet.
    23K gallon, IG, Vinyl, Hayward DE-3600 Filter, Raypak 406A Heater, Hayward 1.5HP SP2610X15 pump aka AO Smith UST1152, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I don't have any advice about a robot, but I did send you a PM about your fiberglass redo!
    5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC