I purchased a house with a pool that was sparkling clean. It wasn't planned, since I never lived in a house nor owned a pool. However, my 3 year old process loves a pool so I had to buy it.
Initial plan was to hire prfessional to maintain the pool until I learn some ABC of pool maintanance.
however, I had some horrible issues with contractor I hired so actual move in got delayed for couple weeks. So basically, the pool was left unattended for at least good 3 weeks with 6 hours/day pumping with creepy crawlerand also solar panel was covering the entire pool the whole time.
by the time I moved in and uncovered the pool, it was green swamp.
A guy from pool service said since I can still see the bottom of the pool it can be saved.
He shocked the pool with chlorine and came back a day later to add more chemicals.
5th day of shocking the pool, water looks clean but the bottom of the pool especially steps and shallow area still looks green.
Pool guy said the water is clean now but the plaster has the damage caused by the algae.
When I asked if there is anyway to get the color off the pool, he added some copper and said it might help but copper can only do so much. He was suggesting acid wash and eventually replastering the pool.
If Acid wash is the only way of getting rid of this stain(?) what is the point of shocking the pool?
I was ready to drain the pool and start all over again when I first saw green pool.
Today is the 7th day since initial shock and I don't see much improvement on pool bottom color.
can my pool gain former glory without fully drainig and do acid wash??
I feel like i wasted time and electricity on shocking the pool only to realize i needed to drain the pool to begin with.
please help! My wife breaks in tears every morning she sees the pool!!