Hello All. New home owner with a pool.

Aug 6, 2015
Baldwin Park CA
Purchased the home in Jan of this year. Read a lot on here before becoming a member. So far it's head scratching because just when I think I have the Chlorine, PH on check there is other things. Right now it looks like my CYA is in the 100's so I'm loosing FC so I have to add Chlorine every 2-3 days. Also my SWG was saying low salt so I added salt and now I'm high on salt about 6000ppm. So I shut down the SWG and just been adding liquid chlorine since we are in a drought here in Southern California (Baldwin Park area) and don't want to finned for draining to much and refill.

Any advice on what I can do? I've drained about 1-2 feet of water and refilled last night but have not tested the water as of yet.

Do you mean when you perform the CYA test the dot disappears with very little sample water added to the tube?

If yes, you can do a diluted test by using half pool water mixed with half tap water (since tap water is CYA free) then perform the test and double the result.

Do you mean when you perform the CYA test the dot disappears with very little sample water added to the tube?

If yes, you can do a diluted test by using half pool water mixed with half tap water (since tap water is CYA free) then perform the test and double the result.

So if understood correctly cya was 80x2 my salt is also high 6000ppm so I have to drain and refill but how much? Thanks
CYA 160?