Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Trying to take control of my pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Trying to take control of my pool

I am very tired of pool stores snd decided to take control of my pool water. They tell ne add this. Add that $$$$$$. I am waiting for my tf100 kit to arrive. Meanwhile my pool is a dark green murky mess. I know I need to learn basic pool water chemistry and I'm hoping I can get the help I need here. I have a 40k plaster salt waterb pool.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    I have a 40K plaster inground salt water pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Northeast Alabama

Re: Trying to take control of my pool

Welcome! You have come to the right place & made the best decision for your pool (and your wallet). Once your kit arrives, get a full set of test readings to post so we can help you get started. In the meantime, click on Pool School up above and read thru the process and become familiar. You'll be clean and clear in no time!
    33 Round AGP, 26K gal, vinyl liner, 1 HP single speed pump, 1 Hayward wide mouth skimmer, Pentair sand filter, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Red Leopard Orbit suction auto vac, Pool School, TFTestkits, PoolMath, Support this Site!

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

Welcome. Paddle around in Pool School and pickup some basics while waiting on the test kit. Can you add some more info to your signature line about your filter, pump, SWG and such?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Layla's right- this is a good time to dabble in to Pool School and get familiar with the terms and processes to get your pool cleaned up.

Start stocking up on bleach...liquid least a dozen bottles of 8.25% (which is your norm now at the grocery store) or higher. That will give you a good start to fixing this. Read up on the SLAM procedure and ask if you have any questions.

We'd love to see pics too- green ones, clean ones, all the ones in between.

12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter