Clormatic CM601 flow sensor

Aug 13, 2015
Dordogne, France
Hi

I have recently joined this forum, so be gentle with me. We have a pool that was built about 8 years ago. It has the clormatic generator which looks remarkably similar to the Jandy aquapure. We are currently getting error messages 172 and 181 which points me in the direction of the flow/salinity sensor. I have been searching on the internet for a replacement and keep coming back to the one manufactured by Jandy, R0403700. This looks very similar. The only difference is on the 8 pin connector. Mine pugs straight onto the circuit board in the clormatic box, whereas the R0403700 has a small circuit board attached to the 8 pin connector.
Is this a suitable replacement for my sensor and what is the purpose of the additional circuit. Do I need it and if not can it be removed.

Thanks in anticipation for your help and advice.

Do you have the old 2-port cell or the newer 3-port cell?
If you have the newer cell, then that sensor might work.
The small board is a preamp and it may or may not be required on your system.
If you mean the clormatic cell then that is the square one with 2 ports with one line in and one line out. Just prior to that is a T piece which has the threaded piece for the flow sensor. The flow sensor has 3 metal "contacts". I cleaned these with a green scouring pad and it worked for about a day then started giving the error messages again. My flow sensor looks very similar to pictures of the R0403700 except for the additional small circuit board.

Or perhaps I am being stupid. Do you mean the connector with the 3 ports on top of the cell, for salt, temperature and flow ?

I meant the two flow ports. In and out of the cell.
Since you have the square cell, I can't recommend the tri sensor. I just don't have any experience with it. The R0403700 may work, but I'm not sure enough to recommend buying one to try.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.