Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plaster discoloration and MA

1. Back To Top    #1

Plaster discoloration and MA

Hi guys! Thanks in advance for all the help I've received just by lurking in the shadows.
    Our pool was completed right around Memorial Day, after almost 6 months of construction and head-butting with my PB. The pool is finished in a blue plaster, which has started turning gray. PB accused me if not maintaining pH properly (I maintain it at 7.6), and said I just need to add more acid and brush daily.
    With that being said, the rest of my test readings are well within recommendations of TFP and pool school. I'm not seeing any improvement after 2 weeks of following the PB advice. What would YOU recommend?
    Collinsville, Oklahoma
    Pool completed May 2015!
    20,000 gallon freeform IG plaster with spa, AutoPilot Nano+ SWG, 24" Hayward sand filter, 2 hp Hayward Super II pump, 400k btu NG heater, Polaris 280 cleaner with booster pump

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Plaster discoloration and MA

Sorry, I'm not an expert on plaster. Hopefully someone will be along soon to give you a hand.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Is this a pebble finish?....
    Valley of the Sun, Arizona.....10k gunite/pebble (Re-surface March 2015) w/in floor Caretaker 99 cleaning heads -- Pentair FNS 60 DE filter -- Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed for pool -- Pentair Wisperflo 1 HP for boulder waterfall...Taylor K-2006 & Taylor K-2006C kits

4. Back To Top    #4

No sir, smooth plaster.
    Collinsville, Oklahoma
    Pool completed May 2015!
    20,000 gallon freeform IG plaster with spa, AutoPilot Nano+ SWG, 24" Hayward sand filter, 2 hp Hayward Super II pump, 400k btu NG heater, Polaris 280 cleaner with booster pump