Normal PSI

Aug 11, 2015
michigan
I am new (first post). Not sure I'm doing this right....if I'm not....I would appreciate some guidance. I have an in ground gunnite pool (16x34).....Triton 2 sand filter....Hayward SP 1.0hp pump. The pump is brand new, install two days ago.....replacing the exact same model of pump...with no changes in plumbing. I immediately back washed the filter. The psi read 17. My old pump "base" psi was 12. Should I be concerned with the new psi of 17? Seems high. Does that indicate I should not back wash until the psi reaches 27? Any advise is appreciated......thank you.

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

At first glance, it would seem your new pump is "pushing harder" but that may not be the case. Did you do anything else that would cause more resistance on the pressure side. did you do anything else that would have reduced any restrictions on the suction side? In short, is the new pump the ONLY variable? Is it the same gauge?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.