Intellitouch part numbers correct?

jtech1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2009
I had my Intellitouch personality module replaced under warranty last week. I just noticed the part numbers do not match up. Trying to figure out if I got ripped off or got better/newer board?

Old:
Top board: 520078, System i9+3s
Bottom board: 521224 (label), 520073 (silk screened on board)
New:
Top board: 520074, System i9+3
Bottom board: 520287 (label), 520073 (silk screened on board)

There are so many part numbers everywhere on the boards on stickers and also silk screened on the boards that is it very difficult to figure out what is what. From what I can tell the motherboard is a universal replacement... the silk screen numbers match, but the label part number is different... I am guessing Pentair just changed the part # here, but am I OK?

As for the top board... the personality module... it looks like they replaced my i9+3s with an i9+3. Should I be upset about this or not worry about it?

It stopped communicating with my equipment. The tech put a hard wired keypad on it and saw no RS-485 comm. They swapped it out and all works fine now... but I am not sure why they put a i9+3 in instead of an i9+3s. I noticed that it does have the additional connector at the top for pool/spa valve... am I losing anything at all from what I had before? or just gaining? I only have a pool... no spa.

I believe the only thing that is different (that you will see anyway) is that from now on, you will have your two temp settings as pool, and spa instead of high temp and low temp. You may even be able to change them back by making custom labels for them. Not sure though, never tried that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.