Pool liner

Aug 12, 2015
canada
I have a summer escapes AG pool 16x52 that I've had for two years. We converted it to salt water with great results! I have one problem though... The thread that's weaved into the liner is coming off the bottom. I cut quite a bit of it off.. My question is will this cause the liner to leak? There are no tears in the plastic, I'm thinking that it weakens the strength is all. I called the company and to send me a new liner from the states at my expense is about the same I payed for the pool ??

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Sorry for the delayed response, but I am not sure of the answer here. I would assume that the seams are melted together to seal them and tread is there to strengthen it?

Hopefully someone else knows more.

Do you have a picture? Are you saying that the threads that look coarsely woven, as part of the pool material itself (picture ripstop nylon, for example) are coming up? If so, that sure sounds like a defect.

I always look down at that thread grid pattern to check water clarity, since our SE pool has no printed pattern on the liner to catch the eye... so I think I know what you're talking about...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.