New pool build in South Florida. Many pics, I promise none of bugs!!!

Hi everyone!

We are finally digging!!! We have been sitting for 5 weeks after permits were approved, due to the crazy pool construction season going on in SF. This was the earliest our diggers could be scheduled. Anyway the past frustration evaporated today when the excavator showed up, waking up my children.
Excitement is probably an understatement.

We originally started evaluating possible designs, pool builders in November last year, and finally signed our contract in late April. Permits were approved by late June and here we are now.

Pool details:

- Free form in-ground gunite pool
- 88 linear feet. 33' by 17', with 80 sq ft sun shelf and 8' swim out. Shelf with blower and swim out with 4 therapeutic jets
- Sport pool depth design 3' 8", 5', 4' 4" (thanks to Sunbaby for the depth suggestions, was able to adjust slightly without major issue just yesterday)

Equipment (all Hayward)
- Two speed 2HP pump
- Filter Cartridge 175 sqft
- Acqua Plus Automation with Acqua-pod remote (2 actuators)
- Gold Line salt water chlorinator (40K gal)
- Color LED lights (1)
- BLU robot

Plumbing:
- 32' linear drain
- 3 returns
- Over sized skimmer

Tile/Pavers:
- Keystone Fire tile
- Diamond Brite Miami Blue
- Artistic pavers Coralock Ivory Hopscotch pattern

This was our patio when we moved in:

The artistic impression of our pool design:

Pergola is under contract and the ODK will be made by yours truly based on the great input on this site.

After fencing and removing the Jungle Gym, pool perimeter already painted in:

The dig starts!!!

Finished in 6 hours, pretty amazingly quick

Off course we had to go into the hole, the kids had a blast!

So this is where we are, just starting this wonderful journey, just hope it is as exciting as all the other ones I have seen on this forum.

Looking forward to your comments/suggestions!

I can promise you excitement. And hopefully mostly the good kind too. Plans and progress look great.

It's such a beautiful area! You guys are going to love, love, love having a pool. It's fun to see the picture of ya'll looking so excited inside the pool!

Nice plans! They're going to give your place an entirely different look!

Keep the pictures and updates coming!
Take care,
Suz.

Aww, I used to live in Weston! Your house reminds me of ours - only we did not have the covered patio area. We thought about putting in a pool, but ended up moving to Wellington, and the house already had one. Good luck with your build - I will keep checking your progress, as it's going to look great!

Hi all! Thanks for the great comments. Pool is chugging along fine. They now finished all the steel, bonding and drains. Had to wait for a week for an inspection, for some unexplained reason, but after passing we are ready for gunite.....

And now ERIKA!!! Agghhhhh!!! . A tropical storm/hurricane/no-body-knows-yet barreling straight for Miami.

Talked to the PB and they decided to shoot a shell to stabilize the excavation in case we get hit. Will come back next week and shoot proper.

Fingers crossed Erika decides to weaken or turn into the ocean.

Here are some pictures, enjoy!

Steel shell:

Drain and one of the floor returns

Shooting gunite shell:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi dreynolds. It has been a long process. I will update the build details when i have a chance, been traveling a lot for work. They finished this wednesday, still some final adjustments to the deck needed. However with all the rain that we've been having this week, the started to settle and now it is a mess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s been a while but a search in the forum revealed you used Coralock pavers. We are thinking of doing the same and are in West Palm Beach. Hoping you can answer a few questions.

How do you like the Coralock? Any current pics you can share now that they are in a while? And most importantly, how are they with our rain, heat and humidity(mold etc.). Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.