We are finally digging!!! We have been sitting for 5 weeks after permits were approved, due to the crazy pool construction season going on in SF. This was the earliest our diggers could be scheduled. Anyway the past frustration evaporated today when the excavator showed up, waking up my children.
Excitement is probably an understatement.
We originally started evaluating possible designs, pool builders in November last year, and finally signed our contract in late April. Permits were approved by late June and here we are now.
- Free form in-ground gunite pool
- 88 linear feet. 33' by 17', with 80 sq ft sun shelf and 8' swim out. Shelf with blower and swim out with 4 therapeutic jets
- Sport pool depth design 3' 8", 5', 4' 4" (thanks to Sunbaby for the depth suggestions, was able to adjust slightly without major issue just yesterday)
Equipment (all Hayward)
- Two speed 2HP pump
- Filter Cartridge 175 sqft
- Acqua Plus Automation with Acqua-pod remote (2 actuators)
- Gold Line salt water chlorinator (40K gal)
- Color LED lights (1)
- BLU robot
- 32' linear drain
- 3 returns
- Over sized skimmer
- Keystone Fire tile
- Diamond Brite Miami Blue
- Artistic pavers Coralock Ivory Hopscotch pattern
This was our patio when we moved in:
The artistic impression of our pool design:
Pergola is under contract and the ODK will be made by yours truly based on the great input on this site.
After fencing and removing the Jungle Gym, pool perimeter already painted in:
The dig starts!!!
Finished in 6 hours, pretty amazingly quick
Off course we had to go into the hole, the kids had a blast!
So this is where we are, just starting this wonderful journey, just hope it is as exciting as all the other ones I have seen on this forum.
Looking forward to your comments/suggestions!