Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to clean glass tile at waterline

1. Back To Top    #1

How to clean glass tile at waterline

Good evening members,

Does anyone have any recommendation for a good glass tile cleaner? My glass tile at the waterline is dull and has lost some shine. I'd like to clean it. My glass tile is from NPT but before I go investing into the chemicals in the link below I'd love to hear from you guys.

Oceancare Products

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to clean glass tile at waterline

Are you trying to clean or seal the tile?

Is it just haze or thick calcium scale on the tile?

Can you post a picture?

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

JoyfulNoise,

I'm trying to clean the tile first. I'm open to a seal but need to get it clean. It's a haze.

4. Back To Top    #4

How to clean glass tile at waterline

The cleaner product looks like some kind of dilute acid. If it's haze have you tried a 4:1 (H2O:muriatic acid) dilution in a spray bottle? What color is your grout?

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

5. Back To Top    #5

Unfortunately my grout color is black.

6. Back To Top    #6

I use a magic eraser once a month. Cuts the haze. A couple times a year I use a cleaning pumice stone to remove any calcium build up, or whatnot.
    TF-100 XL w/ Speed Stir
    South facing, roughly 10,000 gallon inground L shapped PebbleSheen with spa (plastered 7/30/2014 and filled 7/31)
    Jandy Pro Series Filter Cartridge 580 SF, Jandy Pro Series ePump Variable Speed Pump, 2.0HP