Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for valve identification

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello, hope you don't mind a question from a newbie!

Threads merged. Please keep all related posts in one thread. It's hard to know what's been said if the same issue is in several threads. Bama

I just purchased a house that has a pool and I need a little help understanding my setup. The thing I am most concerned with is the valve in the middle of the gear. I am not sure what it is for and which way it should be turned. It is in a kind of cocked position right now that doesn't look like it is fully opening or closing any which way. Any help please?

http://i.imgur.com/wfzzfIR.jpg

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Looking for valve identification

Hi I just moved into a house with a pool and I am not sure what the valve in the middle of all the gear is supposed to be set to. Right now it is in a position that would not be fully opened or closed any which way. Is that normal? Any insight on this valve would be great. Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/wfzzfIR.jpg

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Looking for valve identification

Hello censored, it's hard to tell from that angle, but it looks like that valve controls the flow from the filter to the pool (line on the right going to pool ?) and the left one is waste when backwashing (to sewer line ?)

Or I could have it backwards

someone will be along to help/ If you could get a pic from above so we colud see where the lines in back are going ,that might help.

And .. Welcome to TFP
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Hello, hope you don't mind a question from a newbie!

Can you post another photo from the end by the pump it is hard to tell which pipes go where with just the one photo
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5

Censored,

Does your pool have a waterfall, water feature, or slide? As lefty51 has said, another view of the set up would help, along with a picture or description of your pool would also be helpful.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks like a Hayward multiport Valve....Different Positions do different things. It redirects flow to the filter or to waste (that pipe going along ground behind filter I suspect)

Multiport Valves | Filters | In Ground Pool Filters - Hayward Pool Products
    18' x 38' Pool, 3' to 8' Depth
    Vinyl Liner
    SWG
    Variable Speed Pump
    Sand Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Mine has a plunger valve for Backwash vs. regular filter. I have only one valve and that controls the amount coming in through the cleaning port vs. the skimmer. It's possible your setup is similar, but like they said it's tough to figure out.
    12000-ish In Ground, plaster, sand filter. New variable speed pump (Hayward I believe)

8. Back To Top    #8

Yes, move to your left and turn 90-120 degrees and take another pic. There are some pipes back there that is hard to tell where they go from this single picture.

However, I think robertmee is correct.
    ----Chris----
    25k IG/Spa Figure 8, 18x36, Pebble Sheen Blue Granite, Sta-Rite S8M150 Cartridge Filter, Pentair 460805 400k BTU Heater & 011018 IntelliFlo VarSpd
    Liquidator, Fafco Solar Heat, Polaris PB460 Booster Pump w/280 cleaner, Katchaleaf Cover, TF100 Test Kit, FAKE MAIN DRAIN

9. Back To Top    #9

Looks like we have two posts of the same thing...Mods?!
    ----Chris----
    25k IG/Spa Figure 8, 18x36, Pebble Sheen Blue Granite, Sta-Rite S8M150 Cartridge Filter, Pentair 460805 400k BTU Heater & 011018 IntelliFlo VarSpd
    Liquidator, Fafco Solar Heat, Polaris PB460 Booster Pump w/280 cleaner, Katchaleaf Cover, TF100 Test Kit, FAKE MAIN DRAIN