Is the new Pool Blaster reliable?

pmcd

May 31, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Water Tech came out with a revamped electric vacuum. Has anyone who had problems with the old line had positive or negative results with it?

I had 3 Pool Blasters, the last being a Pool Blaster CG ( Commercial grade). None lasted longer than 3 months. On the other hand many people have used them for years with no problems. Water Tech was very good in supporting me through all the hassle so I am tempted to give this new one another chance. Unfortunately a 3 month warranty on electrical parts is not great and that seems to be what fails.

Anyway, any information regarding the new design would be appreciated especially regarding quality control and design changes.

I can't comment on the new Water Tech line, but I can tell you about my experience with the Ivac M3.
I'm on my third full season without any issues. While charging I make sure to unplug the charger as soon as the red light turns green. I find that it requires about a 1.5 hour charge after each use, so it's easier to time and unplug. Also during the off season, I give it a full charge about once a month. I check the plug after each use and lubricate as needed to protect the battery. Hope this helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.