Wetedge Primera Stone Price Categories

Feb 20, 2015
La Jolla, CA
We have started on our 28x17 pool in San Diego and selected Wetedge Primera Stone for its durability, looks, and smooth surface.

Our PB breaks the Primera Stone offerings into 2 price categories and wants a significant upgrade fee to go from cat 1 to cat 2. Does anyone else out there have a pool of similar size and can chime in on what their PB wanted for the upgraded Primera option?

If we stay with cat 1, we're leaning towards Black Kona. It looks dark but our yard gets 100% sun all day long so I'm not worried about it getting too dark. However, if money was no object (and I didn't have a home remodel ahead of me), we'd probably upgrade to Tahoe Coast ONLY for the slightly lighter color. I just don't think I can spring for it!

The rest of the cat 1 primera options are all REALLY light and not the look we're going for at all.

If they let me take the stone mix from Black Kona and the lighter colored base of Tahoe Coast, I would do that in a heartbeat but it sounds like they come pre-mixed.

Thoughts/ideas?

We have a brand new pool with Black Kona - funny but during negotiations our builder told us the Black Kona was more expensive than the other Primera Stone colors due to the dark base and more expensive fill rock...

We were pretty sold on it, so I guess the builder used that as negotiating leverage??? We didn't pay any up charge as it was included in our total contract price.

Below is a photo taken while sweeping on Monday - the color is a great color for us, and it does help in solar heat gain from what we can tell. Our pool is much warmer than we expected so far and we are thinking of ditching adding solar heating in the future. Everyone loves the color when they see it...

IMG_20150810_173228451%25255B1%25255D.jpg

@santacruz
Your pool color is absolutely incredible. I think we'll stick with our guns and go that direction as well.

@tedujam
I'm guessing you paid 5k more for a premium primera color over plaster. I'm trying to figure out the up charge difference between the basic primera colors and the upgraded ones like those with treasure in the name (and Tahoe coast in our case).

Thanks!

On of the PB we have quotes from here in Tampa, FL provided these categories for an upgrade over Wet Edge Luna Quartz Level 1. This is on a 14x28 mostly rectangular pool (3.5 x 5 x 4) and no spa.

Upgrade to Wet Edge Satin Matrix Level 1 Add $1,593.

Upgrade to Wet Edge Satin Matrix Level 2 Add $2,125.

Upgrade to Wet Edge Satin Matrix Level 3 Add $3,187.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.