Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Storage question

1. Back To Top    #1

Storage question

Hey guys, new to the site.
    Ive searched regarding storage but couldn't find a solid answer.

I want to purchase a deck box or Rubbermaid outdoor storage bin to store my chemicals in. something like this.

Amazon.com: Rubbermaid 5F22 Large Deck Box with Seat: Patio, Lawn Garden

I know i cant keep the MA in there i will keep that separate. but will my liquid shock, tabs, and DE be ok in this?
    it will be in the shade entire day.

Thanks for your help....

POOL NEWBIE

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Storage question

Heat degrades chlorine--opened or not. I keep mine in a hot garage in Texas and buy about 2 weeks supply at a time to keep it fresher.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

ok so i should be fine as long as im not storing it for long periods of time?

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey, first post - why don't you keep your muriatic acid in the storage bin? Fire risk with the clorine tabs? Thanks,
    July2015 New - 12,900gal IG Clorine Pool: Free Form Shot/PebbleSheen, Ceramic Waterline/Travertine Coping/Deck, Paramount PV3 In-Floor, Pentair 3050VS Intelliflo Variable (3000rpm High/1000rpm Low), Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Cartridge, Venturi Skimmer, MDX/SDX Drain, Paralevel, Rock Waterfall +3/4" Aireator, Intellibrite 5G LED, EasyTouch4, and Tab Floater.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

I have a poolside cabinet (in the shade) to store some pool items. I keep only the bottle of Chlorine that I have started in there, the rest I keep (with other chemicals & my test kit) in a closet in the basement where it is nice and cool.

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!