Replacement Hayward Pump

Jimbolo

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 3, 2010
Good Morning Gang, So last night after cleaning my pool I hit the power and....BUZZZZ. Nothing but a buzz. The equipment is 13 years old (was a foreclosure) and the nut at the bottom of my cart filter is stripped out, so I'm going to replace the whole thing; pump, motor, filter. I need to replace the pump with something that matches up as closely as possible, since the builder left me with nearly no spare pipe to work with. So here are my questions:View attachment 41556

Can anyone tell me what model pump is in the attached picture? The data on the placard is long gone.

Can anyone tell me what pump might be the best drop-in replacement? Looking at a Hayward Max Flo with a 1.5 HP motor.

Last: If I replace the plastic slab with a concrete slab, will that help absorb noise from the pump/motor?

As always, thanks for the incredibly valuable expertise! You all have saved me bundles and taught me even more.

Jim.

To me it looks like a Hayward Super II pump- I'm sure some others will jump in to confirm.

Since your concerned about making use of existing plumbing and will stick with a single speed you maybe best off with just replacing the motor

The sticker on the pump housing looks like a Hayward model#/Serial# label ?

Unfortunately the sticker on the pump housing has long since lost whatever lettering was on there. I'm leaning toward replacing the pump and motor for two reasons: 1 noise, 2 I don't want to be jerking around with this thing in a year or two to rebuild. Was also looking at the Hayward Tristar single speed. A bit more expensive, but it will mate up with my 2" plumbing. Any thoughts?

There are some TFP members in different time zones that have way more knowledge than me that should be jumping in later today.
Just an FYI, I had a 2HP Super pump plumbed with 2" and replaced with a 1.5HP Super pump VS with 1.5" ports. I can't be happier with the choice and at high speed I'm getting more flow out of my returns. At mid and lower speeds you cant hear it run
I'm sure that has to do with being a brand new pump vs. a 18+ year old pump

I would agree that it looks like a Hayward Super II pump although my motor doesn't have a run capacitor like yours is showing so it may be the original? Sorry, not much help there and I'm not familiar with the original model so maybe they look the same...I dunno.

My suggestion is to call Hayward and ask them what they would suggest for your size pool, plumbing...etc. I called them last week and the guy was super helpful. Bet he could identify it for you as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.