New Pristine Blue Chemicals Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

amjohn

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2008
Rural NE Texas
I hope this is okay to post here. I am not a sales person. I am not recommending Pristine Blue or any "alternative sanitizer". In fact, I use the BBB method and am completely happy with it and have no intention to change.
However, when we bought our AGP pool last year (July 4, 2008), the pool store sold us their Pristine Blue system of chemicals before we understood what we were getting into. When we tried to return them a month later (after grasping the BBB system and deciding that is what we wanted to do) we were informed that it is "illegal" for them to take them back in Texas :rant: . I have posted these on the Pristine Blue forum, but that has to be the least active forum I have ever seen.
Anyways: If you are a BBB person, then ignore this ad and stick with the method.
But, IF you are already on Pristine Blue AND plan to stick with it, here is a way for you to supply yourself for the summer at a discount price. We both benefit this way- I get to recover part of the cost on chemicals I will not use, and you get to spend 1/3 less on your chemicals for the summer.
I have "Pristine Blue" and "Pristine Clean" 64oz (2 qts) bottles. Normally $60 a bottle, asking $40 each (cheaper than e-bay). Enough for all summer for average pool (15K gal). Bottles were never opened, kept in house. I also have their special test kit and the instruction brochures. You can Private Message me if you are interested. I am still trying to decide the best way to actually make the transaction. Perhaps I can put them on e-bay, once I know you are interested, and that way we have paypal and e-bay to make sure the transaction is safe for both of us.

Don't even know what those are but I know about them not taking back chemicals in TX. I had just bought a huge bucket of tabs before converting to BBB. I thought it was funny when I returned them to Leslie's and the nice guy did give me a refund...but still wouldn't take them. So I still have a bunch of trichlor tabs that are of no use to me.

also, it is not an EPA approved sanitizer! (The epa regisitration number is for the copper sulfate as an algaecide.)

I don't think you are going to have a lot of luck trying to sell it on here. Our members know the problems with copper in pools and we don't even recommend copper based algaecides!

I am not expecting to be overwhelmed with offers- just hoping that maybe someone knows someone who might be interested. I know that BBB is the best method for me, and it is this forum that convinced me of that after we bought the pool.
From my OP ". I am not recommending Pristine Blue or any "alternative sanitizer". In fact, I use the BBB method and am completely happy with it and have no intention to change."
Also, I am not trying to convert anyone to Pristine Blue. "If you are a BBB person, then ignore this ad and stick with the method."
But, I know this forum gets a lot of traffic and maybe someone will run across this that does want the stuff.
"But, IF you are already on Pristine Blue AND plan to stick with it, here is a way for you to supply yourself for the summer at a discount price."
Not trying to rock the boat, just trying to find someone who wants to use it. I am posting in other places as well.
In fact, I have a harp (yes, the musical instrument) for sale as well. Anyone interested?

So, in effect, you want to pass off your uninformed mistake on some other uninformed pool owner instead of trying to educate them in proper pool care methods! :shock:

(just playing with you! It's perfectly ok to post this stuff (can't use the word I would like to) for sale here. I just don't think you will get any takers in this venue. (At least, I hope not!)

Not trying to sell to uninformed people. They should be reading pool school as I did and discovered my mistake.
But there are some committed PB users out there- they are the ones who might be interested. And they do wander across these pages. I realize the copper is more an algaecide than anything else. I avoid any algaecides using copper or any other metal.
So to be fully clear- if you do not know what you want to do with your pool- read pool school and use BBB.
If you are already using BBB then stay with it- it works- that is what I use.
But if someone uses PB and likes PB and has no intention of changing, then here is an option to get it at a lower price than the extremely high retail.
And schrody- congrats on getting your money back. The pool store here interpreted "illegal" as illegal to give us our money back.

schrody said:
Don't even know what those are but I know about them not taking back chemicals in TX. I had just bought a huge bucket of tabs before converting to BBB. I thought it was funny when I returned them to Leslie's and the nice guy did give me a refund...but still wouldn't take them. So I still have a bunch of trichlor tabs that are of no use to me.

Wow, they gave you your money back AND let you keep the tabs? :shock:

I have all the stuff listed on e-bay now- my seller name is "enoch1ab". Once again- not trying to mislead anyone. This is just for those who are already committed to the stuff and want to get a good deal on an expensive system.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
amjohn said:
I have all the stuff listed on e-bay now- my seller name is "enoch1ab". Once again- not trying to mislead anyone. This is just for those who are already committed to the stuff and want to get a good deal on an expensive system.

Good luck, hope you can find someone to take it off your hands. I gave away about $50 in chems after I switched to BBB. Gave it to a "friend" who still used the Frog. My loss was her gain was my gain, LOL....

Yay e-bay! I wish it was only $50 that I was in for. Try $250. I will still take a loss, but at least recover some of the cost. I still have some of it left for sale- start up package and test kit. The bulk containers went fast- the buyers knew that they could not have gotten a better deal anywhere (I know because I checked)- kind of makes me wonder if I should have charged more :?
Oh well- at least they are not taking up room in my house anymore and I now have some bleach money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.