Low pH - what to do?

Jul 1, 2012
Houston, TX
Pool is about 3 weeks old. For the last 10 days or so I've kept the water nice and balanced. Typically FC 4-6, ph 7.5, TA 80, CH 350, CYA 50, Borates 50. The plaster company was just leaving when I pulled in today. I THINK they were here looking at parts of my plaster where they didn't do a good job exposing the aggregate. That or cleaning plaster residue off the water line tile. I didn't get a chance to ask. What I did find however is that they jacked my chemistry. Apparently they added a bunch of acid. I came home to find my pH at 6.4 and TA at 40. Should I just let both rise on their own? Being new plaster the pH comes up pretty quick.

I don't have an answer but I'd get on the phone and call the pool company or if you have a home number. That's a pretty big investment to take a chance on. If you're following their advise and something goes wrong best it's their advise and you're documenting what's going on.

I have a ph probe on my sense and dispense which has so far matched all my testing. It was reporting 6.4. I tested and the color guestimate seemed pretty close to the same. PB texted back saying they were using acid to clean the tile and not to worry about it. So it seems to be a result of them using acid to clean. Should I let them both rise back on their own? Or treat to bring them up?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.