Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Superflo VS - setting up to use heater and salt system

1. Back To Top    #1

Oakville, Ontario

Pentair Superflo VS - setting up to use heater and salt system

I just replaced my old pump with a Pentair Superflo VS. I really like the pump. Is there a manual override that can stay in that mode until I turn it off so that I can run the heater and superchlorinate the pool? I'd like to run the pump at Program #3, which in my case is 2200 rpm.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Pentair Superflo VS - setting up to use heater and salt system

Sorry you have not gotten a response.

I do not know the answer to your question. I know you can manually turn on speed 3 but I do not know how long it will stay on. Have you checked the manual?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

My intelliflo is controlled by my Solartouch but I am able to select a different speed from the pump control panel when the pump is not under active control, which is solar on. I can't change speed settings or rpm from the pump but I can change it from speed 1 to speed 3 or 4 that I use for brushing the pool bottom and it stays there as long as the Solartouch is idle. As soon as the Solartouch engages again it changes the pump speed.

What happens when you push speed 3? I would think it would override the program until the next start/stop time. Altough, if I change speed when my Solartouch has the pump it changes back within seconds.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    Bedford, TX

One option would be to use the optional wiring kit Pentair P/N 353129Z. This kit allows you to take 5 Vdc out of the Superflo through a relay or switch and then back into the Superflo on one of four inputs. Each input selects a different speed. These external inputs override the program and will run the pump at the selected speed until removed. Check out the specifics in your manual under "External Digital Control.

Let me know if you need any additional info and I'll see what I can find.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP5200 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2.