Black stuff at bottom of chlorine bottle

Apr 6, 2015
Brunswick/Ohio
So I've been buying my liquid chlorine at pool store because it's 12.5% and a good price....never had a problem until the last case I bought...noticed chlorine didn't seem quite as yellow and when I looked in bottle saw this kind of black silty looking stuff on bottom....Any idea what it is? All four bottles in case were like this....did I get a bad batch?..was it stored improperly?...thanks for any input

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

The best way to tell if it is any good or not is to test the water, add enough to bump up the FC about 5ppm, and then test again in about 15 minutes and see if the FC is where you would expect it to be. If it doesn't rise enough or at all then the batch is bad.

Only went up half as much as it should...waited an hour...almost no Sun here today and had cover on

Well that sucks :(
I'm always worrying about folks buying discounted or low strength bleach and even your 12.5% was a waste. Any chance of returning to the store and complaining? Maybe a refund??? I dunno....?

Oh definitely taking it back....Only reason I go to the pool store is for the 12.5%...never had a problem before....but this year they're keeping all the liquid in the back of store instead of out front....eventually they'll probably stop selling it altogether

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.