Sold house with a pool, bought another house...with a pool

Too cold haha. 64 degrees

The bad area doesn't look so bad with it filled you can't really tell unless you go right up to it and look for it.

I'm hoping the liner co says the warranty will remain in effect as is and maybe discount it for the aesthetic look being off.

Hey Kim you probably know this one...me being new to vinyl...I see an arrow on either side of the skimmer plate.

Is that the "add more water" line or is it the "stop filling the pool at this arrow" line

It is the "your water should be here" line IF it is about the middle of the skimmer. The skimmer works the same for plaster and vinyl. The water needs to be high enough to keep water in the pump but not so high that stuff cannot get in to the basket.

I tend to keep mine a little higher for just in case a cat falls in. We do have a ramp but the higher the water the easier for them to get out.

Kim

Got it yesterday...gorgeous! I wish I didn't see the bubble at 12 o clock.

3r45LZV.jpg

ohhhhhhhhhhhh awwwwwwwwwwwwwww LOL it is the little things! That is on my order list with a magic stirrer!

kim

Wait, whaaaaaaaaa?????????

YOU do not have a SpeedStir?!?!?!?! When did I get magically transported to Bizzaro-World?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
LOL I KNOW! See I only like to spend OTHER people's money! It is so hard to spend my money on things I can do without.

Kim

Kim,

Once you experience the joy of the SpeedStir, you'll be asking yourself how you ever lived life without it!

Hugs!!
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the GFCI breaker installed this weekend on the main house panel as a forum member suggested.

works good...test button works and no tripping weirdness while the pump motor runs (also changed all 3 seals on the pump..no leaks now)

I'm glad my panel takes Siemens gfci breakers, I read here they are the best when dealing with vs pumps...I might upgrade to a V-Green 165
hopefully it fits...the motor is very close to the sand filter and the control panel on top of the vs motor stucks out a bit on the sides.

Still trying to figure actual gallons of pool, but lately the chemical additions with pool math are indicating around 13,000 gallons
which pretty much matches the 5 gallon bucket test of fill time with the fill time it took to top the pool.

New gauge looks sharp! :cool:

You should consider surge protection on the fancy new pump...if that hasn't already been mentioned.

+1 to surge protection!

Basic SquareD panel mount unit costs $60. No brainer if you ask me for protecting a ~$800 pump!!

I don't have a neutral bus on the pump sub-panel but I'm thinking I will just go with one of those whole home
surge protection add ons at the main breaker. The new seals in the pump are doing well so I'll probably go
to a 2 speed or vs after I see what my power bill is for running the pump next year.

Just got my first water bill which had my complete pool fill on it.

This water bureau I'm on now is MUCH more reasonable than the old neighborhood I lived in.

The total bill was $ 142 and that would have easily been over $ 400 at the last place.

Also got the CCF amount of water I used. My pool must be 13k and not the 16,5k the old hand written
paper work indicated....the bill said i used a total of 14,760 gallons in the 2 months...and some of
that was shower, dishwasher etc...

Are your water rates tier? The first 15CCFs here in Tucson are reasonable. Beyond that, is almost $8/CCF :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.