Sold house with a pool, bought another house...with a pool

HAHA! I remember all that! and the fake brick wall tiles with black grout.

I'm shaving all of the popcorn ceilings except for the living room...for nostalgia purposes.

Ugh! Popcorn ceilings are the WORST! I don't know what possessed anyone to think that was ever a good idea....

Definitely post renovation pictures. Maybe start a new thread in "The Coffee Bar" forum. Would love to see the progress.

The documentation I found about the liner did help some in the final stages of blue-printing of the new one.

I was also told the old liner was made and installed in 1992!

So that particular liner didn't have a failure until the 23rd year of use. (made by same company doing new one, Plastimayd)

wow! they must've kept the ph and chlorine levels perfect for it to last that long.

New liner being made this week!

Liner is being made right now, installation on wed Sept 23!

I'm going with 20 mil since the consensus seems to be thicker material
(much like a solar cover) doesn't last much longer.

Here's the pattern

P2Ju8UQ.png

Just tested my fill water. Much different than east side fill water which was pretty close to ideal conditions
TA & PH wise.

My fill water at the new place is:

PH: 7.8

CH: 50

TA: 50

New liner goes in wednesday. Off to the store to get baking soda & ice melter (already have acid & cya on hand)

I thought I didn't need to add calcium, then I read the instructions on the gas heater.
Jandy requires 200ppm to not void the warranty on it. I'll bump that to 225.

Just tested my fill water. Much different than east side fill water which was pretty close to ideal conditions
TA & PH wise.

My fill water at the new place is:

PH: 7.8

CH: 50

TA: 50

New liner goes in wednesday. Off to the store to get baking soda & ice melter (already have acid & cya on hand)

I thought I didn't need to add calcium, then I read the instructions on the gas heater.
Jandy requires 200ppm to not void the warranty on it. I'll bump that to 225.

Man, I'd kill for 50ppm CH fill water. Where I live, I'm lucky if they can get it down to 280ppm and the pH is 8.0-8.4. At this point, I'm seriously pricing out water harvesting cisterns so I can capture rooftop rain water. I figure if I can collect a few hundred gallons every time it rains, that'll go straight into my pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was telling my friend yesterday how lucky I wasn't in Arizona ;)

PH 8-8.4?!? I would have thought every water treatment plant would get it near 7.5 to
avoid any eye/skin irritation. or maybe that happens in the 6.8 and below range.

I was telling my friend yesterday how lucky I wasn't in Arizona ;)

PH 8-8.4?!? I would have thought every water treatment plant would get it near 7.5 to
avoid any eye/skin irritation. or maybe that happens in the 6.8 and below range.

My fill water's CH is 40! LOL Even the guy at the pool store was talking about how soft the water has gotten here in San Jose over the years.

Tucson has a blended water supply. We get some of our water from the CAP (Central Arizona Project) which is surface water from the Colorado River and some of the water from deep wells. The water is blended because, back in the 90's, Tucson Water tried using straight CAP water and the difference in mineral content, pH, etc from the local ground water cause massive corrosion problems in homes and businesses. There were lawsuits and some people recovered damages to their home plumbing. In order to mitigate that problem, blending has been used and Tucson water tries not to push the pH and other water parameters too far outside local groundwater conditions.

The problem (or beautiful blessing) is, Tucson is in a valley surrounded by 4 mountain ranges. The CAP water flows in on as level ground as possible because pumping uphill is very expensive. So when you get into the outlining areas of Tucson, the water blend changes mostly to deep well water. So Tucson is split up into various zones because the blend of water (CAP to well) changes so drastically. THIS is a picture of what the Tucson water district look like on a map. I live in Zone 6 off Tanque Verde Road. pH is typically high (I've never measured my tap water lower than 8.0) and CH is almost always 250ppm or higher.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Very interesting Matt. There's something kinda neat about 250 ppm ch if one had that right out of the tap...from a tfp
standpoint of having to add minimal startup chemicals.

WOOT!!!!

It usually gets pretty cold & windy here in the next couple of weeks. it was 80 yesterday when they installed and
supposed to be up again today. Right now I have it at 6" water in the shallow end right where the pool co put
a piece of tape fill line.

They will show up this afternoon to cut in the skimmer, returns and shallow end safety rope ring thingys

It took 9 hours to get it that full. Way less time than i thought it would...the water pressure out here is
2-3 times higher than where I used to live.

tKd5koU.jpg

Nice liner!! That is going to be a nice looking pool when all is said and done. Any planned upgrades at the equipment pad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice liner!! That is going to be a nice looking pool when all is said and done. Any planned upgrades at the equipment pad?

Thanks! It turned out really well. Hard to believe it's the same pool hehe.

The pump motor is fairly new...and 1.5 hp which seems like overkill for this size pool....I'd like to replace it with a 1/2 hp whisperflow some day.

It has a jandy lars lite 2 gas heater...great condition all shiny metal on the inside, but I had free solar
heat at the last place and would like that again some day. The roof faces south :)

Is this Normal?

This is looking straight down in the shallow end. The liner is at an angle instead of straight down like the walls and deep end.

Does it just stretch the liner and press it to the pool wall when it gets to the fill line? Seems like an awful lot to stretch.

This was a custom measured design.

OMPwMic.jpg

LOVE it! Oh happy day! I see that is looks like it fits JUST right! NICE!

Kim

I just saw your pic of the liner not form fitting :( I would be calling them RIGHT now to see what they think. I am hopeful it will fit when there is more water.

They are showing up in a bit to cut in the returns & skimmer.

going to ask then.

When I look at the first page and photo from this thread, the old liner looks like it's sticking out too, with the low fill level.

I just called the tech and he said that it's normal and as the water fills it will slowly press it against the wall.

I guess as long as it doesn't pop off when it's full it's good to go. If it would do that anytime it would in
the cold weather coming up. I have a warranty on work and materials too so should be good.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.