Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Things I've learned (true or false)

1. Back To Top    #1

Things I've learned (true or false)

• You do a *OVERNIGHT* CLT because the sun isn't out to suck chlorine from your pool and so the results are more likely to be accurate
    • You can do almost all on-going maintenance with a chlorine pool with nothing but Chlorox, Arm & Hammer and a little elbow grease. Grandma was right!
    • If your sand filter and pump are running well, you can use a 'pool sock' to make it easier to clean your pump basket and keep smaller debris from getting into your impeller and filter
    • a little DE in your pool skimmer (raise filter pressure 1psi) is a great way to get smaller particles out of circulation and keep your pool cleaner
    • a little 20 mule borax can make a sparkly pool..even sparkly-er
    • there's no shortcut to get rid of algae. it takes patience, persistence and elbow grease. get your vac and your brush out and prepare your spouse to be a 'pool widow' for a couple days
    • doing stuff yourself means you find problems SOONER and you can KEEP PROBLEMS AWAY because you can act on them immediately instead of waiting around for the pool company to show up with dollar signs in their eyes
    • its really not hard to keep your pool up, but it doesn't magically stay kept up, you have to keep an eye on it.
    • $30 donation to become a member and a good test kit is the BEST INVESTMENT you can possibly make for your pool.
    33x15' INGROUND pool roughly 14,800 gallons. liner, hayward multiport, sand filter (S-210S), pentair century 3/4hp pump (1081) & 320 automatic chlorinator. skimmer at one end of pool, 2 returns at the other.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Things I've learned (true or false)

Looks like a good list to me. Only thing ya' left out was to keep the TFP staff well plied with cool beverages!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    Looks like a good list to me. Only thing ya' left out was to keep the TFP staff well plied with cool beverages!
    And.........

A Speedstir will make you smile.

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Bullet two should include muratic acid
    18' x 38' Pool, 3' to 8' Depth
    Vinyl Liner
    SWG
    Variable Speed Pump
    Sand Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    And Franklin, TN is close enough for,some of us to collect them
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

6. Back To Top    #6

You got it!!!!!!

Smart one listening to your Grandma and TFP!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit