Houston Texas pool

Feb 3, 2015
Houston, TX
it has been 100 or more an average. My daily bleach went from 1/2 bottle to 1 bottle every day to keep it up above 4 every day. I don't see any reason why the chlorine would dissolve as the temperature goes up. Unless the suns rays are just that more strong. Just curious if there is something else I should check. FC going from 6 to 2 every day.

CYA 50
CC is zero
all readings seem good.

Mine has lost 4ppm on average for 6 years now with CYA at 60. It ain't just the suns rays, it's also the water temp itself. Throw in some bather load cause it's HOTT------and there you are!
My pool is full sun ALL day.

I knew the sun could effect chlorine. I didn't know the heat could as well. This 1 bottle of 8.25 bleach a day is getting expensive. Still better than yellow algae I guess. Water temperature is super warm right now.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything.

Thanks for the help as always

if you are comfortable with installing the system yourself, you can get the T-15 cell with the controller for about $900. plus the cost of salt, so count on $1k total. $1500 if you get an electrician,etc involved to install components

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.