Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Houston Texas pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Houston Texas pool

it has been 100 or more an average. My daily bleach went from 1/2 bottle to 1 bottle every day to keep it up above 4 every day. I don't see any reason why the chlorine would dissolve as the temperature goes up. Unless the suns rays are just that more strong. Just curious if there is something else I should check. FC going from 6 to 2 every day.

CYA 50
    CC is zero
    all readings seem good.
    25,000 IG plaster pool. DE Pentair 60 gallons. Hayward pump with Single speed AO Smith 2.4 hp motor. Pool installed probably 20 yrs ago. Taylor water tesing kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Houston Texas pool

Mine has lost 4ppm on average for 6 years now with CYA at 60. It ain't just the suns rays, it's also the water temp itself. Throw in some bather load cause it's HOTT------and there you are!
    My pool is full sun ALL day.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Ditto here as well. We keep our eggs in the pool now for breakfast so they're hard-boiled the next morning. Just passed my OCLT to make sure it wasn't anything else. Sadly, it's the sun/heat. But hey, that's why we have a pool right!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

I knew the sun could effect chlorine. I didn't know the heat could as well. This 1 bottle of 8.25 bleach a day is getting expensive. Still better than yellow algae I guess. Water temperature is super warm right now.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything.

Thanks for the help as always
    25,000 IG plaster pool. DE Pentair 60 gallons. Hayward pump with Single speed AO Smith 2.4 hp motor. Pool installed probably 20 yrs ago. Taylor water tesing kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

Maybe you're a good candidate for a Salt Water Chlorine Generator?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

6. Back To Top    #6

I probably am. I just don't know if I want to spend $1500 to do it right now. Isn't that about what they cost to install? Is there any particular brand that is supposed to be the best?

7. Back To Top    #7

Do some research but I was able to get my aquarite complete 40k system for $800 or so. I installed it myself which saved quite a bit of $$$. It was the best $$ I have spent on my pool hands down.
    20000 Gallon, Sand Filter, IG Plaster, Hayward Aqua Rite 40k SWG, TF-100 Test Kit, Taylor SpeedStir

8. Back To Top    #8

if you are comfortable with installing the system yourself, you can get the T-15 cell with the controller for about $900. plus the cost of salt, so count on $1k total. $1500 if you get an electrician,etc involved to install components
    Dan
    9,000 gallon in-ground Saltwater pool, plaster, cartridge filer, 1.0 hp pump, Hayward T-15 SWCG, TF-100
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart; Pool School - Test Kits Compared;