Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 280 spraying house windows

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 280 spraying house windows

Help! My Polaris 280 is spraying my house windows when it comes to the shallow end of my pool. Is there any do-it-yourself remedy to prevent this?
    Mike

33,000 gallon IG pebble, SWG - Aqua Rite w/ Hayward T Cell 15, DE filter - Pentair FNSP 60, single speed pump, pool age 13 yr, spa, test kit TF100, Polaris 280

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 280 spraying house windows

The only thing I know of is to reduce or completely shut off the flow to the tail. Mine does the same thing - in fact it just sprayed me a minute ago. I just live with it.
    20' x 40' IG with vinyl liner volume approx. 35,000 gal.1.5 H.P. main pump, Polaris 280 cleaner W/ 3/4 H.P. booster pump
    Hayward sand filter, 3.14 sq ft, 62 gpm. Stenner 45 MPH10 chlorine feed pump. 1 micron final filter bags (home made and very effective)

3. Back To Top    #3

If you decide to try a non-DIY solution, get the Tail Sweep Pro. I've tried the weight that Polaris sells and turning down the flow to the tail and it didn't help. My windows haven't been sprayed since I installed the TSP.
    ============================================================ ===========================================
    12,000 gal. IG Colorquartz, 1.65hp Sta-Rite with 2-spd motor, 300sf cartridge, disabled SWG, AquaLogic P4, Polaris 280, gas+solar, 6' sheer descent with dedicated pump

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Just turn down the flow to the tail. Or attach the optional tail soap dispenser so your windows come out clean! Sorry, sometimes I want to have fun. LOL

5. Back To Top    #5

wow it cleans windows too!?!? amazing!
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

6. Back To Top    #6

Buy the spray stopper from Polaris. Snaps right on. Works like a champ.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

7. Back To Top    #7

My tail had the tip end broken off when we bought the house. Someone finally told me that it was suppose to whip around and I then replaced it. When the tail was open on the end it didn't ever spray out of the water ever. So regulating it is the answer. I didn't go out and look at it tonight but maybe it can be adjusted.
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

I never owned one but friends did and I thought half the fun in a visit was trying to guess when ole' Mr 280 was gonna "break water" and let us have it. However, I am easily entertained.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School