Stenner Pump tubing cracks

squib

Apr 2, 2015
TX
Installed a Stenner pump in the spring, and it has worked great---when working. About a month ago, I came home from vacation to find that the clear plastic tubing running from my tank to the pump had developed some cracks and the pump had lost suction. I figured the sun was degrading the plastic, so I ran new tubing and wrapped it.

Fastforward about a month: I go out today, and my tubing is cracked again--this time very close to where the tubing runs into the pump and was unwrapped. Now, I have lost suction again and am getting no injection.

Is this a common problem? Any other form of tubing I could run?

Who installed the stenner pump and is the tubing clear? If so the tubes are probably just water line for a fridge and will not handle sun and chemical degradation. There is nothing wrong with this approach because it is much cheaper and depending on the run from chemical tank to pump it probably wasn't sold with enough hose. You will probably pay 3x the cost for good hose, justify how often you need to replace the hose because it will cost around $1 per foot for good hose

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.