Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How often can I add the bleach?

1. Back To Top    #1

How often can I add the bleach?

I have been adding bleach every hour during the day but am wondering if it can be added more often since I am home. I have added 20 gallons of 8.25 % without much change in the last two days. Will adding bleach more often, speed up the process?
    Above ground 30' x 48" round pool. Cartridge filter. 21200 gallons.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Dallas Ga

Re: How often can I add the bleach?

Not really, and you'll burn through your testing supplies, that much faster.

What are your numbers looking like? Please post them.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me) Goldline SWG Intermec 104 TImer Test kit K-2006-C

3. Back To Top    #3

If its dropping below the target Slam level, it will help, if not, no.
    Tucson, AZ
    19k gallon Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS (3 hp) 011018, Super II 2hp (for spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE filter, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4
    East Texas

Keep at or slightly above SLAM level.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

From the article Pool School - Convert Your Baqua Pool to Chlorine

Test your water frequently and add the appropriate amount of bleach to get back up to 15ppm. Do this as often as possible, as often as every hour if you can, but at least once a day.

I doubt that more often than every hour will speed things up that much. The bleach probably isn't mixed all that well until half an hour has elapsed, so your testing may be wrong.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

OK. I was never good at chemistry but here goes. I don't even know if these levels are appropriate. I used the Taylor K-2006 and think I followed the directions for each test. Let me know if these are totally abnormal and I didn't calculate correctly. Let me add that my baquacil levels were very high when I started. Here are my results: FC-4.8, CC- 4.0, PH-7.4, TA-200, Cal-300, CA-30. I can see where I need to keep adding bleach.
    Above ground 30' x 48" round pool. Cartridge filter. 21200 gallons.