Let me start off by saying that I am a nurse. I took a full college course in chemistry and had the minimum passing grade. It is just not something that clicks for me. Now I will get to what may be an extremely dumb question.
I have in my pool chemical stash a bottle of 7 lb Kemtek PH Minus. It is from appoximately 2 years ago and since purchasing it haven't used it again. It says on the front "Dry Acid". Since my pH is 7.8 I was planning on bringing it down (from my poolcalc numbers) When I opened the jug it was liquid which confused me because I expected a powder. I poured 28 oz into my measuring cup and figured I would do some more investigating.
The more I research the more I think that container should have contained powder. Have I totally lost my mind? There's no way a bottle of powder could become a bottle of liquid, right? But why would they call it dry acid if it were a liquid? I have Googled like crazy and not found the answer I am looking for.