I currently have a Polaris 380 w/ booster pump, and while it does a good job of picking up the leaves & big stuff, I'm starting to look into robotic cleaners for a few reasons (added wall-scrubbing & water filtering capability of a robot, save $$ on electric bill, & 1 less pump to worry about). From my research, I've pretty much narrowed it down to a Dolphin Nautilus (or Nautilus Plus if the price is right) or a Hayward Tiger Shark 9950 (I don't care about the "QC" function). BUT, I'm open to suggestions on other Brands & Models. Here's my criteria:
- Price must not exceed $800 (I'd really like to stay under $700 if possible)
- Must scrub walls well (I have a gunite pool)
- Speed is not a concern (I'll probably be putting it in the pool before I go to bed)
- Cartridge Filter (seems better than a bag system, but I could be wrong)
- I can purchase replacement parts & fix it myself
Please let me know your thoughts/gripes/likes/dislikes on these models (and any other good robots I haven't listed). There are so many robots out there now, it's a bit confusing trying to pick one...I appreciate your feedback!!