Pool Pump Sizing

Jun 12, 2015
Lutz, FL
I have a 9 year old in-ground concrete pool with a 2 hp single speed pump (this pump came with the pool when I purchased the home). My pool has 8,000 gallons with an attached spa and spillover. The pump has started to make loud noises when running and I think it's time to look for a replacement pump. Any suggestions on what would be the correct size? I feel the 2 hp is too large for my size pool.

Thanks!

The big question mark here is going to be how much water flow is needed for the spa, the simple solution here is to replace your pump motor with a 2 speed and add a control switch, run it on low except when you are using the spa, chances are high that your wet end is fine and the noise is coming from the motor. On low speed a 2 speed motor will draw about 1/4 the amount of electricity and flow about 1/2 the amount of water..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.