Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Suggestions wanted on where to place deck jets...photos included...

1. Back To Top    #1

Suggestions wanted on where to place deck jets...photos included...

We just had the footers poured today around the walls...plumbing is next. We have 4 deck jets and I'm wondering if anyone has feedback about where to place them. What do you like, wish you had done different...etc.? We have considered putting all 4 on one side of the pool or maybe 2 on each side...

Thank you!!

Footers being poured:

This is from the deep end looking back towards the house...

The plan is to have a stand-alone spa somewhere to the back right (looking at the photo) near the shallow end step as well as a dining area and future "pool bar"...all along the back side...

Thank you in advance!

Sara
    Pool Completed 8/2015 18'x36' Gemini shape 3.5' - 8', 19,200 gal IG vinyl, Hayward Max-Flo 1.5 HP 2-speed pump, Hayward Pro Series 300-lb sand filter, Hayward AquaPlus SWG, NO Autofill, Dolphin M400 robot, Taylor 2005 test kit, 434 gal Bullfrog A7L spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Suggestions wanted on where to place deck jets...photos included...

Hey there Sara

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "deck jets"?? Do you mean the returns from the filter in to the pool? Or perhaps those small decorative like returns that come up through the cement/tile decking and "shoot" into the water like miniature fountains?

Hopefully someone more knowing than I will understand. Color me confuddled but I wannnnnna know too!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Are they for play or looks?

If play put them where the kids running thru them won't bother you.

For looks 2 each on the long sides of the pool

Those are my preferences not rules.

More importantly make sure your lights face away from the seating area
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you! Yes, I mean little fountain like streams coming out of the concrete deck around pool.
    Pool Completed 8/2015 18'x36' Gemini shape 3.5' - 8', 19,200 gal IG vinyl, Hayward Max-Flo 1.5 HP 2-speed pump, Hayward Pro Series 300-lb sand filter, Hayward AquaPlus SWG, NO Autofill, Dolphin M400 robot, Taylor 2005 test kit, 434 gal Bullfrog A7L spa

5. Back To Top    #5

I say two on each side so they can be swam through like opposing arches.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit