Running a vacuum on a Pentair IntelliFlo VF-3050

Dec 21, 2014
Santa Clara, CA
Moserator note - Moved from here: Running a vacuum on a Pentair IntelliFlo VF-3050

So I may have messed myself up by putting a 1.5" cleaning line in place with my 2" return lines (three of 'em); I have a Jandy valve to manually switch between the two. Anyway, as mentioned, the Polaris sweep seems to require higher pressure than what the Intelliflo is willing/able to provide.

That said, can anyone recommend a specific sweep that can be driven by the Intelliflo? (For now, I'm going with the least attractive approach for my vacuuming needs, which is me simply running a vacuum on a pole...). Thanks much for any helpful advice... ;)

Welcome to TFP,

I'm confused as to whether this is a suction, or pressure cleaner. Pressure cleaners usually have a booster pump to drive them. Suction cleaners should be provided enough Vacuum with thst pump to operated I would think. Perhaps, not with the 1.5" line, bunInhonestly do not know. Your sig contains none of your pool info, and if you could please add that, it would be helpful in answering you. If this doesn't work out,mi would suggest a high quality Robot to solve your issues.

As Patrick said, having the equipment listed in your sig would help greatly.

There are two types of pressure side cleaners. Those that require booster pumps and those that don't.
If you have a 360 it doesn't require a booster pump and the VS should be able to provide more pressure than it requires.
If you have the 380 it requires a booster pump and the VS alone will never produce enough pressure to run it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.