Pentair VS not turning on, no power

If the module failed, the most likely thing to go is the current protection thermistor. A fairly easy repair if you're handy with a soldering iron.

If you're certain you have proper voltage at the pump connection, then I would check for smoked components on the controller.
Of course, secure power first.

First. You say 120v at each terminal to ground? You have to measure across the input terminals L1 to L2. If you don't have 240v then you have a bad breaker, bad timer, or broken connection from the power source.

If you have 240v power going in, there is an open circuit somewhere in the pcb (printed circuit board). You have to open the housing and look for a failed component. Typically the failed component will have signs of overheating, black soot etc. I can't say for certain on your pump where it is or if it's the same, but many VS motor controllers use NTC or PTC thermistors to control overloading.
More than likely if it's on the pcb it's a 1 Ω 20-30A NTC. NTC link
If you can't read the component, you would have to check with the mfg. to get the correct size.

Like I said, I can't say for certain this is your problem, but with variable speed drives transient current spikes are very damaging.

Reactions: FirstPoolLastPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.