DFW Area new pool - Rectangular with Auto Cover - No Spa

Yes we have the Micro pebble stuff for the "Plaster" and we have all Jandy equipment Variable speed pump, a cartridge filter, Nature2 Fusion thingy, and a booster pump for the polaris and a few deck jets and a bubbler. Also the cover control etc is all to be hooked into the iAqualink for control. The pool is shaded for some of the day under an Oak and a Magnolia tree so the cover is intended to keep the debris from the trees out and also hope to reduce the chemicals used to treat the water to the bare min. We will be sorting out the TFP method for Chlorine once we get it filled up.

Take out the Nature2 Fusion thingy. It is NOT something you want. It adds metals to your water and is very expensive to keep up. If he tells you that is part of the package just say No thank you. If he asks how you are going to chlorinate your water tell him with chlorine (they tend to freak at the word bleach even though it is the same thing).

With the money you save on the Nature2 being out buy a good test kit of your own. Look in my siggy for the link to where you can compare the two kits we use and love. There is also a link to where you can buy them from.

Yeah I know the pool store will test your water for free.................but is it really free if you walk out of there will full arms and empty wallet? The pool stores tend to get the test more wrong than right.

Kim

Yep most likely we will be cutting out the metals cartridge and just using the chlorine tabs as a supplement - Yep and of course on the tester stuff reading that once a week so I can start up the daily test shuffle without my laptop in my hands too. Our neighbors have a chlorine gas guy and the other side uses liquid - I know that I will find a groove with the TFP method and trying to balance everything out once we are set up and filled.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Coping was about a week late - they ordered too little and ran out, electrical failed inspection because the ditches were not deep enough - 18 inches is the local code. Also each brick in the area of the cover had o be sawn so it would have a flat profile on both sides - pool coping has a round profile on one side.
Dropbox - Ian shared 7 photos with you.

Got my TFT-100 kit and tested what will be my source water so I have some idea what my adjustments will be for the 16K+ fill

Last edited:
Fill took about 36 hours with 3/4 inch service line and 3/4 inch hose running 60PSI. Tested the water and there is some change in from the source tests - looks like the pool took away some CH as thats lowered to 125 and the PH is higher at 8.2 FC/CC are both low as this is city water service at 1.5 PPM for both - most likely I will lose that in the next day or so as there is no CYA. We will start up the pool Tuesday as we are in the middle of the Labor Day weekend. Cover should be arriving next week and we just had the concrete curb installed by https://www.facebook.com/curbyournature Very highly reccomended.
The artificial turf Diamond Pro Spring - Synthetic Grass Warehouse should be ready in about a week and a half...
Should have some feedback on the iAqualink stuff soon too - just playing with the lights right now.

Dropped some CYA (4 lbs as pool is over 16,000 gal) and also some Muriatic Acid (Per Pool Pal 24 oz to target 7.6 vs current 8.2)
Will test in a few more hours - still doing the daily brushing loads of it! The pumps and filter come on line tomorrow. Fingers Crossed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.