The lies we tell the AuqaRite

Mar 27, 2015
Pearland, Texas
The pool plaster is almost cured enough to fire up our T-15 swcg. The pool builder told us that we could configure the Aquarite to treat the T-15 generator as either a T-9 or T-5 because our pool was so small relative to the capability of the T-15. A casual google (and forum) search did not turn up any results for this practice. Does anyone here have any experience with this?

How does the configuration change between T-15 and T-9 (or T-5, for that matter)? A change in max current? Operating voltage? What effects would I see from running my swcg in this non-spec manner?

The VS pump is set to run all the time, though mostly at a low speed.

no clue what your PB is talking about. I have the T15 for my <15,000 pool. Here is how I set it. I measured my FC in the evening before dark. It happened to be 5 and that seemed like a good value for CYA of 70. Set my pump to run 8hrs and my % at 40. So the next day I measure FC again around the same time and got 6.5. So I lowered % to 20. Check next day and my FC was 6.5. So 20% seemed like the sweet spot for my FC. I ran at 10% a couple of days to get back to FC = 5. And then went back to 20%. The moral of all this is to just get some accurate measurements each day and you will quickly be able to dial it. Try to start high on the % because having more FC is better than having less FC.

I have only been running the SWCG 3 weeks and have settled at 20% for 7 hours - every day has been blazing sunshine. I find it real easy to control. A couple of days I had a leaf cover on the pool because my roof was being replaced. The first day my FC shot up to 8.5, so I just turned the SWCG off the second day.

Your pool builder doesn't know what he is talking about. They may know how to build pools, but should leave equipment and chemicals to others. The control panel needs to be properly configured for the T-15. You can adjust the output in 1% increments. The lower you keep the setting and the less hours per day it runs, the longer the cell will last. Each model cell has a different maximum output and a different total output before the cell must be replaced. The best value is obtained by buying the highest output (T-15) cell, regardless of how small your pool is. Since you can set the output as low as 1%, too much chlorine will never be a problem.

Chief, I do have a question that the original poster might also be interested in. Right now running the pump for even 7 hours seems like over kill to me. For me, would 5-6 hours on run time at a little higher % be harder on the cell? It would save me some electricity for running the pump. Just curious

To the cell, reducing the run time or reducing the output percentage is the same thing. The way the output control works is by cycling the cell on and off. What you are really setting is the % of the time the cell is activated. So a shorter run time is the same as turning the percent down. Either will prolong the life of the cell.

Ten hours at 25%, five hours at 50% or 2 1/2 hours at 100% are all the same to the cell life, and will produce the same amount of chlorine.

I think the PB may be referring to the fact that you can choose whiich cell you are using in the diagnostics menu, but if you have a T15 then you need to select that parameter for it to operate properly. The owners maual will tell you that. Perhaps the PB is slightly confusted about that part.

What you want to do with your T15, is turn the output down low enough, and match it up to how long your pump runs in order to provide the recommended FC level. Thats how you do it.
With a small pool and a large cell, turning down the output will result in a longer lifespan of the cell.

Click on the Pool School button, then click on How To, then click on determine pump run time, and the article will explain how to determine outpt of the swg along with how long to run the pump.

The pool plaster is almost cured enough to fire up our T-15 swcg. The pool builder told us that we could configure the Aquarite to treat the T-15 generator as either a T-9 or T-5 because our pool was so small relative to the capability of the T-15. A casual google (and forum) search did not turn up any results for this practice. Does anyone here have any experience with this?

How does the configuration change between T-15 and T-9 (or T-5, for that matter)? A change in max current? Operating voltage? What effects would I see from running my swcg in this non-spec manner?

The VS pump is set to run all the time, though mostly at a low speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.