Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First time pool owner

1. Back To Top    #1

First time pool owner

Good Morning, this is my very first time attempting a forum like this.. I am in need of advice... The manual to install my dual suction pump is so confusing. My 26x52 intex pool has been a pain from the beginning. I now have it up and almost full, but need advice as to how to attach the rigid tubes to the rubber nipples they have sticking out of it.. If i tighten the hose clamps, it simply collapses on itself, not attaching properly. Am i suppose to feed the larger diameter tube into these rubber things?? HELP! I have an 8 yr old dying to go swimming, and my fiance is a disabled vet in need of water therapy!!

Traci

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: First time pool owner

Welcome to TFP!
    I'm don't know Intex pools very well but if you can post some pics, I'm sure someone will be along soon.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

pool.jpg

Here is the installation photo. Notice the two right attachment points. They are not rigid, and a hose clamp cant clamp over them...?? help!
    Last edited by tracidyann; 08-10-2015 at 12:18 PM. Reason: found ilustration of issue.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have no idea but have you tried to look for a youtube video?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, Ive tried....

Traci

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

any idea what your model numbers might be?
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

8. Back To Top    #8

Looks like they were given 2 blue rigid parts to put in from the inside of the pool wall to do what I need done. Guess I'll head to the hardware store to look. Thank you so much!

9. Back To Top    #9

OK, I figured out the filter. Now I need advice on whether I'm supposed to have a skimmer or not. They did not supply one with the pool, but I'm having issues getting my salt level correct because I don't have a skimmer. Help! Summer is almost over LOL