Need advice! Looking to add fountain or waterfall to pool (PIC)

nyvram

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 14, 2015
Fairview, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I don't know where to start out even exactly what I'm asking for..

I have a vanilla pool and now that y'all shown me how to keep it looking nice.. Im looking to add some type of fountain or waterfall or something to make the pool more fun for the kids.

How do I get started on this? I know less than nothing on this subject. What are the costs to add a simple vertical fountain or angled water arches?

Here's the pool. Basic vinyl liner.

8PMDcGT.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You have really two options. First option is simple products that you can replace one of your current returns with to create a fountain/sprinkler effect in the pool. A few products can be found here: Amazon.com: pool sprinkler Some of these can easily be made DIY if you have any desire to just buy the PVC components yourself and assemble.

The second option involves adding plumbing runs to your existing circulation system which would likely involve excavation, concrete/paver cutting, possible changes to coping, etc. Costs more in line with thousands than hundreds and possibly a pool contractor. Deck jets can be a nice addition and are also something to consider if you want to reconfigure/add plumbing.

^^^ what he said.

I would recommend googling lots of pics, and see if you can find one to use an an inspirational pic. If you are looking to spend more than 1000$, then take your inspirational pic along with the one you posted to a contractor and he will be able to help you more on what the costs and tasks will be in order to implement it.

thank you thank you!!! at $30ish, that PVC amazon thingie is a PERFECT way to begin thinking about this. we can play with angles, etc and start to get an idea where we'd want a permanent water effect to go.

i knew y'all would know!

There is a fabulous pool build on here with scuppers in a stone wall. I wonder if you could add something in your wall to spill into the pool? Of course, I have no idea how far the wall is from the pool or if the wall can be slightly altered. Will try to attach link of the pool build I'm referencing -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.