SLAM complete! How much do I owe y'all? (Pics)

nyvram

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 14, 2015
Fairview, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I finally completed my first SLAM and everyone was right.. Each day it seemed to get more impossibly blue and clear.. I was living with a green nightmare before.

A million thanks and my wife thinks I'm a genius now after all the frustration with pool stores. She was highly skeptical at first about me reading something "on the internet" that would work better than the professionals with their specialized treatments.

The real breakthrough came after reading about algae hiding under the stairs and I got in the pool and reached under the ladder rungs and felt all that slime!

I used my tried and true method.. Feeling around with my fingers until nothing felt 'greasy' in the crevices underneath the rungs.

Who knew??

Here are some pics..our pool isn't anything fancy.

tKPQ1pw.jpg

2YY9eaI.jpg

8PMDcGT.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nice pool! Good job! :goodjob: We won't tell your wife how easy it really is to maintain your pool! :)

Click the TFP supporter button top left and make a small donation to help keep the site running.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nothing fancy?????? What about that wonderful stone wall? SO nice looking. Oh wait and the neat decking work? FANCY! Look at the gazebo! That is NICE! The pack and play show evidence of a little one around to help fancy (or unfancy LOL) things up!

Those steps huh? Those will hide algae all day long.

Do I see a light under the skimmer? If so take it out and look inside there.

Also take your pool's toothbrush and brush all around the skimmer and returns. What? Your pool does not have it's own toothbrush? Well you need to get it one! It will be jealous of my pool as my pool DOES have it's own toothbrush!

WONDERFUL job and awesome pool and area!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.