Construction thread - multiple questions

bdrums

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2015
The Woodlands, TX
Not sure where to post this. Not really an issue, but I have some questions about updating threads. Didn't see these answered in the Pool Rules section.

We're in the process of building a pool. Just signed the contract and are awaiting inspections and permits and such. We will undoubtedly have many questions along the way.

Is it standard or recommended practice to update the title of the thread as new questions come up or as we change build phase?

Is it standard or recommended practice to update the OP with the new questions as well as post in the flow of the discussion?

Thanks!

Just put "gunite pool build in woodlands tx" or something of that nature as the thread, then ask away... when you come to a new questions, just hit reply and on the first line ask the new question.

This was my new thread where I went from 1 pool to another and questions along the way :)

New above ground oval 18x33 install

When you start a build thread you are allowed to discuss all issues associated with the build in that thread without having to edit the title. It makes it much easier for members to follow your thread if the title remains the same. Build threads are usually many pages long and if you update the op that info will probably be missed by those that have been following the thread, and may make the thread more difficult to understand for those who start reading after several pages have been published.

Build threads are usually many pages long and if you update the op that info will probably be missed by those that have been following the thread, and may make the thread more difficult to understand for those who start reading after several pages have been published.

Thanks. I was thinking that keeping the OP accurate would lead to less confusion. But maybe not. I'll leave the OP as is and just update in the thread.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.