Hayward after changing valve spider gasket main filter now leaking?

Aug 4, 2015
Boston, MA
Hello all,

Yesterday I changed the spider gasket as the multiport valve was leaking from the top handle area. PS. If you hear thats probably the spider its wrong as it did not stop the leak and it was hours of scraping out the old one glued in. Going to replace the top of it. However, now the DE filter beside it the top of the pressure gauge the seal area has a line of water coming from it and the body where the chambers meet is dripping. I am also hearing like a rocks sound coming from the multiport area to the main DE filter. Any idea it seems the change yesterday started the DE to leak for some reason. Also the lineup of the multi valve port the tabs i lined up when replacing the cover on but the spider gasket area inside it where it has 5 spokes then one bigger clear area those dont line up so was wondering does that area not turn so its fine if that makes sense.

Sorry for the slow response.

I do not fully follow your question.
In the multi-port that I have, the spider gasket does not move. The handle spins the plate that presses down on the spider gasket.

Do you have water flowing? Did the pressure gauge reading rise after you repair?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.