North of Dallas - Just getting started

Aug 10, 2015
Prosper, TX
Hi there....I live in Prosper and interviewing companies for our very first pool. Kids are annoyed cause we waited until they all moved away to treat ourselves. And so, after doing some research our choices were narrowed down to Riverbend, Foley, Robertson and Hauk. We have received 3 of the4 bids and now we are totally confused. Foley doesn't like anything that Robertson and Riverbend do. Salt, ozone, and UV.....What's up with that? And how do you know who is right? Aye, Yi, Yi! Its like trying to shop for a mattress. You can't compare apples to apples because each company is a different fruit. Well, maybe they are nuts. Or maybe I'm nuts. $80,000! Are you kidding me? Who can afford this? It is time to throw in the towel.

you can get prices down at 25K for a liner inground and the sky is the limit for gunite... give them a price you do not want to go over and see what they come up with..

I can help some :)

get rid of ozone, nature 2, uv.. anything not chlorine, SWG work great but need to be 2 to 3 times the size of your pool.. eg: 20k pool needs a 40 to 60k SWG

OK, to be fair included in that price was an arbor. So take out the arbor and we have a quote of $65K with the following specs: 34x19; 17,563 gal; 92 perimeter; 493 surface sq ft (pool & spa); 2 benches; 1 sundeck; jandy nl backwash vlv; jandy 2 variable speed; jandy pda ps6; jandy jx1400 natural heater; polaris 280; spa elevation 18"; 8 jets; 2 skimmers; 5 returns; 375 sq feet agregate deck; quartz plus plaster @ 80% qrt. What else do you need to know? I don't even understand 1/2 of this. How do you know if they are taking me to the cleaners?

Sorry Love, I thought you'd get a number of responses, not sure why not, as there are a ton of pool owners on this site from the DFW area.

Well, I live in the DFW area and paid $43K for a 17K Gallon pool with no spa, no heater, but about three times the deck area. So, adding $12K for a spa brings it up to $60K. As you say it is hard to compare apples to oranges, but it sounds as if they are in the ballpark. I also believe that the neighborhood factor applies... the same pool in a cheap neighborhood costs less than in an upscale neighborhood. It is like buying anything without a price tag, what they think you can afford is factored into the price.

Jim R.

Thank you for your answer. We do feel as though we are getting quite a bit of stuff. And we understand concrete prices have jumped up. New housing prices up here are through the roof. With that said, we are so new and saw 3 presentations in 3 days and my head is spinning. I had a little sticker shock because I thought it would be more like $55K plus $10K for shade structures. But all's well....my head stopped spinning, my stomach stopped churning and I decided I REALLY wanted a pool.

Last edited:
DFW has many pool builders, could you get 3 or 4 more quotes? it may help you with how much its costing.. Oct through Nov should be a little better price, but not much where your at :)